Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Meet the Doll

This is my daughters doll. She has been with us for two years and we have loved every minute. We get to be crafty and do girly things. My daughter loves to come up with ideas that she thinks her doll needs...lol


Okay so I have to start by showing you the doll house we put together for my daughter last year on her birthday. We gave her a Doll Party last year and it was so cute. I will post some pictures of that later. Give you some ideas for a quick, easy and inexpensive way to throw and Doll party. 

About 10 years ago I built these boxes for clothes, because we didn't have a dresser and these were easy to use for just about anything. When we decided to make a doll house and didn't want to spend a lot of money. These came in handy again. My daughter's favorite color is pink, so of course they got painted pink. The boxes measure 24x24x24. Here are the pictures...I hope you enjoy them. 



Here is the bedroom. We haven't any wall decorations yet, we just got done re-doing one box into a bathroom.
The dresser is from the second hand store I picked up for $2.00! One of the drawers needed to be glued, but for that price what a steal! I am not sure what the black thing is that I used to hang up all the clothes, but it works we attached it with cup hooks. It has storage for bags and hats in the middle and the clothes can hang on either side. The bed, I wish I would have done a tutorial on it cause it is super easy and has great storage inside.

Well I had enough of these huggie wipe boxes to choke a closet, yes I can't throw them out. You never know when you will need them. So I taped two of them together, hot glued some fabric for the bed skirt. I took an old kitchen towel and then covered it with fabric and hot glued it to the tops of the huggies boxes (put a couple pieces of tape across the lids so they open as one), easy mattress. I found an old dvd case and hot glued fabric around it and then hot glued it to the bed. Now she has a place to put clothes, shoes and whatever else. 

We just finished making this into a bathroom. It was an extra bedroom. 
We had fun with this. It was extremely cheap and easy.The toilet is from the second hand store and used to be a bank. It was $1.00. It is the perfect size. The bathtub I also picked up for $.50. The washer dryer set I purchased on eBay. 

Not sure what brand it is. I made the sink from a piece of pvc pipe and cardboard. I folded a piece of cardboard in half, hot glued it and cut a hole out in the middle and put a glass dish in there after painting it white. I painted the cardboard a light brown. The faucet is made from a wooden bead with a small pop cycle stick cut in half. The handles are from tiny wooden spindles. All of them painted black. 

I found the shelf for $.25 cents and the towels are cut from and old kitchen towel. The washer dryer set I purchased on ebay. 

The shower was really easy. I found an old paper towel holder metal. The really cheap kind. I took the center part off and then attached it upside down to the ceiling with cup hooks. The shower curtain is an old pillow case. To attach it, I used beads and hot glued cup hooks in the beads and hot glued the new hooks to the pillow case in about 3 inch sections. I clamped the hooks with a pair of pliers so they won't be falling off all the time. 

The kitchen. The sink/stove combo and fridge was purchased off eBay for about $20.00. The brown little shelf/hutch, I found at the secondhand store for $1.00. The floor is the sticky tile, we had some on hand. Just cut to size. 

The shelf hold dishes and spices. 


The little wire rack I found for $.50 

The 4th room is just an open room on top of a box. We put the bunk beds there and hung push pins on the wall for all the bags. The beds I picked up at an antique store for $5.00 for both. I drilled holes in the posts of the beds to make bunk beds. I used dowels to connect them. I took the side off  the bottom bed and it now functions as a ladder. 

I still need to sand and paint the bunk beds and make some bedding for it. That will be another post. 


I would love to hear comments or ideas that you have crafted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment